- ev, wake up!
- We're late, wake up!
- It's still dark, I wanna sleep another hour...
- No, you can't! Remember what day it is today?
- Yeah...Monday...I can sleep some- Monday?! Oh shit!
- Yeah! Come on, let's go!
- Yeah, okay...Uh...so what are we gonna do?
- You go to the kitchen and start squeezing stuff for fresh juice. I'll go cut her a rose.
- Why can't I cut the rose?
- 'Cause you're better at squeezing stuff!
- But I like roses!
- Will you hurry up?! I think she wakes up early!
- All right, fine! Take advantage, you have all the fun all the time and I do the dirty work!
- I'll make the oatmeal!
- Ughh! Why can't we just get bagels and cream cheese like normal people...
- zorkie, taste the juice!
- omg ev! This thing is totally sour! What did you do?!
- Oh, it is? We didn't have enough oranges so I added some lemons and limes!
- It's not drinkable like this, ev! Hey, I know! Let's add some sugar!
- Okay, you get the sugar, I'm gonna fry the eggs!
- It's still kinda sour...How about we add some salt? That way it can be kinda like a margarita!
- Good, good! Hey, zorkie, there are eggshells in the eggs!
- Oh! Uh...get them out?
- I can't get them out! I didn't even know they were there but then I saw them and I tried to get them out and I couldn't!
- Ah shit! Um...we'll think of something, don't worry! Hey, how do you make oatmeal?
- I dunno! Read the directions!
- What directions?
- The directions on the box, zorkie!
- There is no box, it's in an old mayonnaise jar!
- Why do you keep the oatmeal in a jar?!
- Cause I like a clean, uniform look in the pantry!
- But - sorry zorkie, gotta tend to the eggs! Improvise!
- Okay, I'll go one and one, that seems safe. One cup water, one cup oatmeal. Oh that reminds me, I gotta feed the dogs too...
- What are we forgetting zorkie?
- Yes! Go make it!
- Why do I have to make it?!
- Cause I'm folding her napkin nicely!
- You're crumpling it!
- Yeah-huh! How many folds are there in a napkin? It's not supposed to be a little tiny square!
- It's origami, zorkie! It's art!
- We don't have time for art! Put the eggs on the plate and put some ketchup on them! This way if there are any eggshells, they won't show!
- I don't like ketchup on eggs! We should put some strawberry jam on them!
- You're not the one who's eating them, ev! Maybe she likes ketchup! Although, strawberry jam is
- Yeah, see? Okay, strawberry jam in place! Hmm...it needs something else...
- Like what?
- Some decoration on top, just yellow and red? It's boring...
- You wanna use some of the leftover yogurt that I gave to Bobo and Tartuffo for breakfast?
- Yes! Good idea! Okay, that's better, now we have yellow, red and white. It needs just something a little more...Oh I know! A little slice of pickle on top!
- ev! Help! I can't get the oatmeal out of the pot!
- omg zorkie! This is like cement!
- Hurry, we're running late! Do something!
- Ok, let's dig some out from the middle!
- Okay, whew, good! ev, why is it standing up like this?
- Press it down in the bowl, zorkie, it'll stay!
- Man, this is hard! ev, this is terrible, what are we gonna do?
- Put some yogurt on it!
- Brilliant! And something else too, what should I put? Do we have milk?
- No sorry, I used it in the eggs.
- Umm...maybe I should add some of the juice you think? Just to give it some flavour?
- Sure, zorkie! Try it!
- Okay, good! Now let's get the toast!
- Where is the bread, miss z?
- I thought you bought bread!
- You said you
were gonna make the toast, yesterday, why would I
buy the bread?
- What are we gonna do now? Oh man, we should have made her pancakes!
- Let's see what we have...Hey, rice cakes!
- Excellent! Some butter and strawberry jam and we're set!
- Okay, shall I write the note?
- That'd be great, ev! Okay, let's take the tray up and leave it outside her door so she'll find it when she wakes up.
- Okay, good! Put the rose on top of the note!
- Oh, lemme read the note, I wanna make sure you didn't mispell anything.
- I didn't mispell anything!
- Lemme read the note, ev!
- Fine, read it!
Since we don't tell you often enough how much
we love you and appreciate you
we decided to give you the morning off from the diner and bring you breakfast in bed.
Much love from all of us